Scout needs to transfer from another pack

Going to a different pack means going to a different charter organization. Have the parent complete a new membership application for the scout and the adult partner. There is a place at the top of the forms to indicate that it is for a transfer. It used to be that the xfer fee was $1 but I don't have a form here to check that. Of course, getting back any dues paid to the old unit is up to the parent.

-R

It is customary, but not required, to inform the Committee Chair of the Pack your are leaving that:

1) You are leaving/transferring

2) Why you are leaving/transferring

The first is because they may not hear from the council office for quite some time. The second, because they may be able to address a problem if one exists.

Make sure and tell your transferring cub to get signed pocket cards for any rank(s) - might not be an issue if he is still working on Tiger rank (and Bobcat), or any other card required awards the kid might have already earned (i.e. shooting sports belts loop / etc).

This is especially true if it is an intra-council transfer (from one council to another). BSA is almost as bad as the military for loosing advancement paperwork and those signed cards are his proof that he did what he did.

I've had a couple scouts transfer in from out of state (military families) and have had to rebuild scouting records from scratch because the outgoing council either misplaced or did not have accurate records to begin with. Not fun, and really the only way to do it besides having the scout REDO stuff he's already done is to sit down with a parent and the book and see what is and is not signed off, then take the parent's word for it and put him in for advancements he did not do as part of your pack. Not really the way I like to do things, but I'll make the assumption that that parent and scout are trustworthy before I'll make a lad redo achievements.

Not the kid's fault if the adults in the program can not keep accurate records - and I won't punish them for it.

My 2-cents

Dean