I enjoyed looking at the photo essay.

A few forum members about a week back posted "Happy Birthday BSA".

That same day I received an email trying to get me to buy all the stuff I might need for a BSA 100th birthday party.

I'm not sure what I want or what I expect for a 100th birthday party or celebration, but I admit to feeling a little let down. I was hoping for something great and it just doesn't seem to be there.

Later that very same day, my sister who lives in the UK emailed a lot of old family photos that she had been going through.

I never have really liked having my photo taken.

I always end up looking more goofy than I really am and Lord knows I'm goofy enough.

Still I enjoy looking at these old photos, I'm just not so happy that others might get to look at them.

Sure enough my little sister had somehow managed to select photos of me looking more goofy then ever.

There were a few that were taken near where our friend Pint is from. Me at the seaside on the beach riding a donkey. The donkey looks really bored and I'm hanging on for dear life.

I've never had much luck with big four legged animals. We went pony trekking in Ireland one summer camp and I managed to get the laziest, most mule- headed pony on the planet.

As a little Lad, I suffered from a really bad case of sticky uppy hair. This was before sticky-uppy hair was in fashion. My mother's remedy for this was a large dose of Brylcream. Somehow I think she missed the "A little dab'll do ya."! She used a good healthy dollop.

It didn't work! All these old photos have me looking like "Alfalfa" complete with cowlick.

There is a photo of me in my Wolf Cub uniform.

It's not dated but I think it was taken sometime around 1963 or 1964.

I have silly little cap, shorts that are almost down to my knees and that woolen sweater on.

I'm even back then a skinny little Lad with what looks like a couple of tooth-picks sticking out of the very long shorts where my legs ought to be.

One good thing is that the silly little cap does a good job of covering up my hair.

Ea.