Bringing back the Classics!

Are there ever any particular posts, that have such great content, or maybe cover a good topic to the point you bring it back every now and then?

Maybe newer members join up or newer people have come to scouting and didn't see these subjects covered.

I just read this one( What is / is not tolerable behavoir in a leader ? ) and found it to be pretty cool on several fronts:

The seriousness of it, varying opinions based on different people and even the stabs at humor here and there!

So , are there ever certain subjects/topics that you feel should be revived every now and then?(This message has been edited by scoutfish)

If you reply to a particular thread in the archives, it will reappear in the "Today's Active Topics" list. Maybe it will ignite some fresh discussion and maybe those who posted a bunch on it during it's first trip will take a pass. But to bring it to the front page might give new members a chance to see it quicker.

Many general Scouting topics come up over, and over, and over again on this forum. Wait long enough, and your favorite subject will emerge again.

personally I love the threads on what constitutes being "active". I remember a few years back, or perhaps moer than a few years when the consensus was we wished national would publish a definition of active and whether we like it or not, at least it would be a refrence point.

The National defined active and clarified it and then again clarified and we still argue about it. Everyone knows what is correct, the way they think of course!

Every topic is great!

SOME are better than others, but MOST are all very good. MANY even have great links to good information. FEW are not worth reading, but even the FEW have at least one good post.

I have begun by list of acronyms that are posted and so when my wife reads a post that I feel answers her questions, it doesn't generate a host of new questions for the abbreviations.

As far as reviving topics, I say no. Unless there is a major policy shift and something that is in the archives is not good information. I always try to read throught the emotion and look for the posters that include references. The worst posts are those that interpret the various guides, manuals, and tools that are provided to us as leaders to provide a solid program for our boys. The best of the worst are the thought provoking topics that start off with the dubious words, "WHAT IF..." Especially if the poster has a large number of posts, and then includes historical references.