I've no experience with Philmont, but considerable at high to extreme altitudes as an alpine climber. My best advice, see your family doctor informing him that you'll be treking, and sleeping at elevations ranging from 7 000 to 11 000 feet. These elevations could put you at risk for Central Sleep Apnea, and/or HAPE resulting in a stroke, or heart failure.

I know a scouter that is switching over to an oral appliance to help with backcountry trips, if it works out (the adjustment takes several months). Obviously a CPAP machine wouldn't be suitable for a multi-day trip without some kind of battery/charging arrangement. There is an online forum, cpaptalk.com, that routinely talks about camping and backcountry trips with OSA.

What isn't acceptable, of course, is attempting it without therapy. The risk of cardiac arrest is far too great (and forum members are quick to point out that Reggie White, a retired NFL defensive lineman, spent exactly one night of his life -- the last night of his life -- off CPAP).

Guy