Glass half empty or half full

Never thought this was more than an exercise in philosophy then it hit me, this is important because if it's half empty it's a great chance for a service project and if it's half empty it's a real need for a conservation project.

Either way, the scouts can take care of it and get a requirement signed off at the same time.

(Maybe I just think too much.)

Unfortunately some of my son's troop's Scouts trying to do Eagle projects have learned that towns & cities tend to view the glass as something so fragile that young boys can't be entrusted with them - better to hire professionals who are ensured for damage/liabilities.

Luckily, our local forest preserves, schools, and churches have much more open minds, and very much appreciate the help of young men to bring the glass from its current condition to the desired condition in a well-planned and well-implemented fashion.

The optimist says the glass is half-full and is happy with it.

The pessimist says the glass is half-empty and therefore gets more. My son thus believes that optimists are always thirsty.

There's an engineering problem here too. The engineer says the glass is too big. Design an appropriate sized glass.

The mother just sees another glass to wash. Looks like a patrol cooking requirement.

Wingnut: An interesting observation and justification/rationalization.

Either way, a Scout can see a need to be satisfied and a way to satisfy it.

Anyone else notice that a half gallon of ice cream ain't a half gallon anymore?

At the end of the day, doesn't it all come down to what is in or was in the glass?

I'm happy to say that for the most part I'm happy that my cup runs over.

Unless of course it's my coffee cup and then I have to suffer the wrath of HWMBO.

Eamonn.