• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone here see the movie "Meet the Parents"?

Did anyone here see the movie "Meet the Parents" and then use an ice pick on your eyes and ears!!???

One of the worst movies that I have ever had the misfortune to wast money on.

True,

It had it's funny moments, but I certainly didn't care for the language in it.

OGO

OGO, I agree. The language wasn't what bothered me so much though. For me it was just difficult to watch so many layers of neurotic stupidity. It really was painful. I feel the same way about Seinfeld. Sadly, my family liked it. I enjoyed those times alone reading a book.

Wow!

Never thought that this thread would be so active!

I did catch the Pete Seeger birthday concert on PBS last Sunday. It was on after a show about John Denver.

Mr. Denver and myself have blasted out a few songs on my little drives.

Hal,

Please don't tell anyone, but when Placido Domingo & John Denver sing Perhaps Love, I have been known too get "Misty".

OJ's last car had more speakers, woofers and tweeters than any other car on the planet. The entire back seat and trunk (Boot) Was given over to boxes of different sizes.

I was scared to touch anything and did my best never to drive it.

One day when he was as ever broke he somehow convinced me to take it for an oil change.

As I arrived at Jiffy-Lube the car was shaking, belting out catch me ridin dirty by Chamillionaire.

You can't imagine the strange looks that this white haired little fellow got from the guys who work in Jiffy -Lube!

Ea.

("..and I thought the subject line meant Eamonn was going to give it up..." No! Seems like your stuck with me! I am this Saturday seeing a hypnotist about trying to quit smoking.)

Perhaps Love?????????

C'mon!!!!!!!

No actually I really like that song. I heard in an interview they were both worried that folks would get the wrong idea about the song.

I secretly have a double CD with Denver and the song is on there. It is a beautiful song. The mix of folk and opera is something. Leaving on a jet plane is better with Denver than PPM.

Jackie PAPER and the song was about PUFF?

What do you think they were singing about? A boy and his magical dragon? Hello, anybody from the 60's out there?

According to Mary herself, in many interviews, it was a song about a dragon.

I grew up back then, too - and while folk wasn't (isn't) my favorite, a couple of PPM's once in a while still take me back .....