Scout makes frontpage of Houston Chronicle

I saw it this morning and never felt prouder as a scouter in SHAC! 121 mb's ... that's a feat! Way to go, Nathaniel! So what if others think it's lame. Only the few, the proud knows what it takes! Attaining eagle is the same ... as Mike Rowe puts it the best in his letter to Eagle Scouts,

"Ill just tell you straight up, that doing something extraordinary can be very lonely, and most people simply arent cut out for it. Being an Eagle Scout requires you to be different than most everyone around you, and being different is really, really hard. Thats why the award is called an accomplishment."

I didn't like, nor do I agree with this quote:

"Scouts don't talk about Scouting a lot, probably from a fear of mockery"

We talked it Scouting all the time, in fact it was cool to see kids from high school at different Council wide events.

I'm just wondering what this boy did other than merit badges and scout rank work... he's 15 and already earned them all. My son is almost 14 and is quite proud of his dozen or so, but then with school, home work, chores, choir, student council, chess club, musical, conservation team, art club, and I'm sure I'm missing some but the school year just started so not sure if he's adding more this year or not he has a full load - having to be early to school 3 times a week and staying late a few too for all those activities. Some times he just wants to take a break and chill out like a "normal" teen now and then. I'm just wondering what this young man is going to do for the rest of his 3 years of scouts.

Quote: "Not to mention the "feat" of finding registered MBC for every badge."

That may not be as hard for a scout in an urban area like Houston as compared to someone in a rural area like up here in the Maine Wilderness.