If you could change one thing.

Only one?

Locally, I would have not had our council merge with another. It has been a huge mistake and our old council area has seen no benefit from the merge.

As to scouting in general, a more traditional approach to scouting in general with more emphasis on woodcraft skills.

oldisnewagain1:

Yep, just one,;) I'm sure we could all sit here and try to put the Scouting world to rights, I want to know what you'd do if you could change just one thing.:)

BTW, talking about traditional Scouting. Have you ever heard of WFIS?

A Scout stave is basically a walking stick, but with many uses. At one time, the Scout Handbook illustrated such uses as signaling with flags, estimating lengths and distances, and even constructing small camp gadgets. Nowadays, the Scout stave is more of an artifact, kind of like the campaign hat, but it is still sold in Scout shops with medallions for ranks, Wood Badge, etc.

Selecting a small wish like the neckers is a good, practical thought. I have even smaller wish - register just ONCE as an adult scout leader and not every time you change positions, unit, every year for mb counselor, etc. One year, I filled out that idiotic form 5x! I imagine that complicates the adult leader head count.

My $0.02,(This message has been edited by RememberSchiff)

Sherm,

The scout stave is NOT an artifact, just a misunderstood and underused item that mainstream scouting seems to forgotten about ;) I have a stave, made using some of the diagrams from the past, and i actually used it this past summer at CSDC. I used it for crowd control, attaching the den flag, nature hikes, and games.

As for the smokey bears, "they're quite comfortable and expect them to all the rage...."

maybe I should change my name to OLD FOGEY

NAH,

I got two of each also. 1 broomstick that was issued to me at JLT and 1 I recently made. As for smokeys, my old council awarded those for those who completed the Brownsea 22 or JLT. So the 1st for compelting BA22 and 2nd one was for staffing JLT.