Howdy from Oklahoma ...

Well ... a bit about myself:

When I was a youngster, I was in Cub Scouts. Though I did not go on to Boy Scouts, I did go into the Explorers. I am now a husband to 1 and a Father of 3 (Boy, girl, boy). I have recently been asked to become a Cub Scout Master in order to have a Cub Scout group to "feed" the local Boy Scout group. I am a U.S. Navy & Army Veteran. I am a Profressional Trapper and the owner of OKTrap Supply & ADC ~ a trapping supplies & wildlife control services business in Tulsa, OK. I am a licensed pilot. I strive to educate todays' youth & public in all aspects of Wildlife Conservation and Safety Practices. You can view my profile to find out more interests ... but all are not listed.

Thanks for having me ...

O K L A H O M A!

Great musical about about a flat state. :-) Actually, I've had some good fun in Oklahoma. Come to think of it, I've usually managed to have fun just about everywhere I've been.

Welcome! You are to be applauded for accepting the challenge of being Cubmaster.

My advice:

Read the books. Go to training. You have to buy into the silliness of Scouting or you'll spoil it for the boys. Silliness? Sure, the goofy songs, the cheers, the silly games. It goes on through Boy Scouts and if the adults don't buy into it, the boys won't. I'm known for dancing on the tables at summer camp and I'm 6'2" and at the time I weighed 280. Dignity? Only when required. Goofy fun? Whenever possible.

Feel free to ask questions.

Enjoy.

I certainly don't have a problem having fun, nor being goofy to get someone to smile. Especially since I'm 6'8" @ 210 pounds ... I'm really a sight when I get started. Thank you for the welcoming.