News from PRAY (Programs for Religious Activities with Youth)

This just arrived in my email, since someone had a made a comment a few days ago, I thought I would post:

http://www.praypub.org/main_frameset.htm

http://www.praypub.org/new_look.htm

From the second URL, verbatim:

New Look Same Great Program!

Coming July 6th

The P.R.A.Y. Program has a brand new look. Its the same great program, but the recognitions and workbooks will be boasting a face lift come the beginning of July.

This fresh new look is a blend of the traditional and contemporary. The recognitions retain the cross on the shield, but they feature a new color-coded design to symbolize how the four programs come together to build a foundation of faith for young people. The four colors represent the four levels in the P.R.A.Y. series, i.e. God and Me (red), God and Family (yellow), God and Church (blue), and God and Life (green). The four colors converge into a point to create an X at the center of the cross. X is the first letter in the Greek word for Christ, and it is symbolic of how Christ should be at the center of our lives.

This new look coincides with a name change. Rather than referring to the curriculum as the God and Country series, it will now be called The PRAY Program, and the individual medals will no longer say God and Country but rather the specific program name, i.e. God and Me, God and Family, etc.

These changes come a great deal sooner than originally anticipated. The new Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 and subsequent regulations and mandatory testing of childrens jewelry, forced P.R.A.Y. to not only accelerate the implementation of the new name and new look, but to also revamp its entire line of awards and reduce the number of items offered.

One thing that has not changed, however, is the actual content. The curriculum content and program requirements (i.e. GAMEBoxes, Pizza, Bible lessons, etc.) are still the same. The old books are not obsolete: you may continue to use them. However, you will need to print new order forms with correct prices to order recognitions (all recognitions will be the new style).

We know you will have questions about these changes! We hope you take the time to read through some of the more detailed explanations below. We appreciate your patience as we implement these changes. Thank you for your ministry to youth through the P.R.A.Y. program!

As you read this, yes, the medals themselves will change.