Howdy from Texas!

I'm a 2nd year Cub Scout mom and Leader from Keller, TX.

Me personally, I love to cook, ride motorcycles, horses, hike, shop (I AM a woman by God), fish, ski - move me to a cabin in the Rockies and I'd swear I'd died and gone to heaven. But until that time comes, I'm living in surburbia -- in my very own Wisteria Lane (that's the name of the street on Desperate Housewives in case you weren't privvy to that little nugget).

I was in girl scouts as a child but didn't stay with it because of transportation issues (to / from meetings). It never was a priority in my family to be involved in anything... so being involved wasn't ever A priority for me. But now that I have children... I want THEM to be involved and realize the impact a group can make - even a group of 2nd graders! They're awesome. It's MY priority for them to be involved so thus it is a priority for them.

Last year I was still figuring out what this all was about... this year, I've got a rather good idea of that and have been led to become our Pack Secretary and Blue & Gold Coordinator (pray for me folks!).

My kiddo was excited at what Scouts has to offer, but honestly, I feel like I have a lot more fun! :) This is WAY better than my girl scouting experience ever was. :)

I always knew I wanted to work with children at a young age -- until in college, I discovered how LITTLE teachers made. So, I went into law instead (hee hee) and taught Sunday school on the side. Now, I don't teach about Jesus (per se other than through example) I get to lead young men. I almost find I get the most warm fuzzy feeling knowing that these parents are entrusting their most precious of assets to me, knowing that he'll be better for the time after... that he'll come away from our meetings happy, excited, learned and eager to continue... so far, they all have! :) That's my reward ten times over!

While I don't have the experience a lot of you do -- and am still learning my ways around the terminology and lingo, I have done both Tiger and Wolf leader training and have attended a POW WOW / university of scouting as well as our monthly district roundtables.

I look forward to the discussions, the information overload and so far I'm loving the professionalism on the board. :) I was on another board and was basically told that I needed to know my role and to step back and bake cookies when I had a question about how something was handled.... wow...

BUT any-who...thanks for having me and I look forward to hanging out with you guys for years to come! :)

Howdy!! from another Texan. Don't ever let the 'good ole boys' get to ya! :)

Lawyer, eh? Have fun with the lawyer joke thread. (all in good fun - still waiting to see if someone does a blond joke one. Although, the blond is now going grey :)  )Maybe we can start aggie jokes?