Wash foot, dry thoroughly, place DT over plantar wart. Replace and repeat about every three days. Wart dissapears in a month or less.

Place gauze over wound, DT strip over it. Water proof. Stays there until you get home.

DO NOT use DT for wrapping package. Post Office will reject it, as it will peel off in their machines.

Double it over, place inside Scout hat, place Scout hat on gorilla costume, worn by Scout in parade (and necker and large Scout shirt). Scout gets hugs by every teen girl along the route.

Place INSIDE bike tire, to reinforce torn tire and protect tube to get home.

Red Green, Red Green. "we're all in this together"

Magnesium shaved from a "Doan Tool" easily blows away in a mild breeze. Shaved onto the sticky side of duct tape, it stays put. Plus, the tape keeps burning long after the magnesium has flared out.

Mineral oil removes sticky from duct tape and is food quality.

Blister prevention.(This message has been edited by TAHAWK)

I've had my carryon bag searched by airport security...Duct tape siezed. Explanation: can be used to bind hands in a hostage situation. I offered them my shoelaces and dental floss. They declined. They had to think for a while about my belt.

Lesson: don't carryon duct tape. Especially if one of the security guys has read the previous testimonials in this thread. :)

Roll up some duct tape tightly amd make the roll uneven so it is long and tapered. Makes a decent if somewhat smoky emergency candle.

From personal experience, a dollar bill to reinforce a torn tire works well too. The bike shop guy told me he'd heard of it but never seen one until I came in. I can change my own tires, but it blew out big time 15 miles from home so I needed the new tire now.

A friend of mine's daughter made her entire prom dress from duct tape. It was amazing how good it turned out.

For booting tires, I prefer a piece of a Tyvek envelope (FedEx or USPS Priority Mail work great). One of my cycling teammates had a dollar bill in his tire for 2 years, until the tread wore out enough that he finally replaced it. I am an A/V Technician, and was a Pro Photographer for 25 years. I have used duct tape and gaffers tape for pretty much everything, including holding sound and lighting equipment in place, fixing a bride's gown (her dad stepped on her train and tore a good sized gash in it) and even holding a camera onto a tripod when the quick release plate went missing.

A neighbor of mine that installs heaters and air conditioners says duct tape is fine on the cold air returns, and AC, but not the hot runners. For those they use an aluminized tape.

It recently came in handy, with a magazine, to splint someone's broken forearm.

Another good tape is 100 MPH tape, designed to patch small holes in small airplanes until a full fix can be done.

One of our scouts (now an Eagle and ASM) was big on duct tape. Every outing, he would make an new duct tape gadget. I know he made wallets and other interesting things.

On one hiking trip, he made a pair of "hiking moccasins" out of duct tape. He proved their usefulness by wearing them the rest of the way out loaded with his full pack. He was a strange sort: he usually backpacked with a full set of school text books, just so he would have some reading material. He was a cross country runner and he was always the leader of the "fast" group.