Greetings my fellow Scouters

Greetings my fellow Scouters

I am very excited to find your sight. I am an old Scouter with over 25 years active service. Since moving to a new area, I have taken a somewhat lesser role than I once did though still maintaining my membership and an occasional summer camp or High adventure trip. My scouting experience as a boy was both in the sunny state of Florida and in Washington State. I became active as an adult when my oldest son started Cub Scouts and continued many years past the youngest sons last camp.

I have served in several troop, pack, and district positions. Of course Scoutmaster for the majority of my time.

I attended 15 summer camps, 10 High adventure trips and slept on the ground over 200 nights I have also paddled countless hundred miles in my old aluminum canoe.

I first attended Wood Badge back in 1987. W1-611-87. Now 21 years later I find my self-preparing to attend Wood Badge for the 21st Century. Wow I never saw this one coming. Back to Gilwell!!! During the last eight or so years many of my skills have become somewhat out dated I am very excited to re-learn some old ones and discover many new ones. I hope to both prepare my self here and perhaps offer some of my experience to anyone who needs it.

See you on the Trail

Matty Ross

I used to be a Beaver

Im Gunna be a _________

Hi there and welcome to you, Matty. I hope you'll find lots of useful advice and discussion on the forum - I know I have. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences in scouting!

YiS,

Lisa

I used to be a BOBWHITE, a good old bobwhite too (maybe you'll get that lucky on your second time through WB too :) )