Online Tour Permits / E-Learning - RANT

Sorry to hear everyone is having such trouble with this system. We have been using it for the past few months and we have had zero problems. TONS better than taking or faxing to the scout office.

One thing that just came to mind, is that the old online training system and myscouting sometimes do not merge training records. About a year ago (a few months after myscouting went online, if I recall) I had to call national and they walked me through the process of merging multiple records. If I understand this right (and I may not, or it may be completely unrelated to you woes) this may also occur if your council has you registered several times; not multiple positions, but more than once, with more than one id number.

Good luck straightening it out. Again, we have had no problems and really like the online tour permits.

@Prof,

My error was due to not filling out the Travel Itinerary section. I completed it and it was approved this morning. I am now in the process of doing a National Permit for Summer Camp if I can get the bus company to give me the CDL info.

@Skipper,

I would not call it trouble as much as it is a learning curve. I can see some of the points around being forced to reenter info from training but in my case we have 50 registered adults and I can understand the system not pulling that much info over. Shoot I can see it not pulling over anyone's but mine. The nice thing is enter it once and it is stored permanently.

Much better than signing and faxing and driving and begging and..... Well you get the point!