Word Associations (you do not want to hear)

The virtual campfire has had a few lighter posts lately. In that vein, let me ask you all a question. Whataretwo things (words, phrases, objects, etc.) that you never want to hear your scouts say in the same sentence, especially while out camping. My wife owns a pre-school, and the two things which put tremendous fear in her soul are the wordsPlaydough and Microwave.

For troops it would be more like Controlled and Forest Fire. Can you come up with any?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White gas and fire put the troop leaders in great fear.

(One of our more wild scouts thought it would be cool to light his stove with the fire. ... Or was it the other way around? Anyway, he's banned from fires and stoves now unless supervised.)

Also, rains[storm] and no tarp is something we know all too well (even one of our ASMs!). >.

"Hey, ya wanna know why they don't allow pressure cans at scout camp? Let me show you!"

"Does anyone know where the first aid kit is?"

"Oh, Man, that's gotta hurt!"

"I think that was his best shirt, too!"

And my all time favorite:

"Hey Mr. B______ come quick!"

Stosh

Wiener... Shower

Fire... Tent

Crabs... any Scout body part

Lice... Last month - especially if followed by the tent number I'm currently using

Beer... don't tell the SM

Scout saying - Scouts name... really a girl... my tent... ooh la la!

And in this part of the world a previous post would sound more like "Heh, heh, wartch this! followed by a click, snap, wind rush, boom or other noise you don't want associated with the previous saying.