Removing a Family from Unit

Pursue. Document.. Keep good records.  Call, phone. Email. Send real letters.  Remind folks of the Scout Promise and Law.

I had served as Chaplain in two previous Jamborees to good effect.  Approval of my faith's Scout Committee, support of my congregation.  I had thank you letters.  Third Jamboree, I was emailed that "you are not to be a Staff member. This is not appealable.  Have a good day".    No reason, no person to contact .  For the next two months, I collected names at National . I had some very good people write letters of recommendation.  18 of them. Scouters of no small repute, employers, school principals, politicos that knew me.  To no avail. National fellow finally told me that all Jambo staff are "vetted" by their home Council, and that I had been given a less than stellar rating. ?how so?  By whom?  They never told me, but his "opinion" was that I had somehow "made an enemy".  Did not the reference letters indicate the mistake/falsity of this "vetting rating"?  No, they would not change the decision. This time....  I did not serve on that Jamboree, but guess what?  The next time, they changed the vetting requirement. No problem that time..... and then came the Pandemic....  

Be polite. Be honest. Be logical . Do not lose your temper, ever. Refer to past things. (records? ) Be  persistent.  

See you on the trail....

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Over 30 letters sent in.

Council CEO asked this person about things from 2015 & 2016 but was never specific with complaints or allegations, they were general and vague. no documentation at any level was provided.

No one from our Unit/Committee was interviewed. 

Even if  an appeal is successful,  I am not sure this person would want to be affiliated or volunteer with BSA. It’s been both a hot mess and a farce…more Importantly, extremely hard on our troop.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1