New Troop Flag Presentation

Congrats on your new Troop!

Contact your Unit Commissioner (if you have one and know who), otherwise, contact your Dist. Exec. At the next (first?) Troop meeting, Have them come to say some "appropriate words" and present the flag, not yet on it's pole, to you, the SM (yes?), and the CChair and CO IHead. Next, the SPL and his PLs should come up and together tie the Troop flag to it's pole. If you feel like it, The first SM and SPL might sign and date the halyard edge of the flag. Forty three years later, when the Troop seeks to replace the old flag, they can see the date and signatures and say "who the heck are them?".

With the flag on it's pole, and the appropriate words said, ask the Patrol Leaders and SPL and any other Scout Officers to come up. In a circle, they hold the flag pole with left hands, give Scout sign with right hand and say the Scout Promise on behalf of the rest of the Troop.

See also http://www.inquiry.net/patrol/leaders_promise.htm

Applause and cheers...

Punch and cookies...

Every six months when the boys change offices, we do like SSScout describes. The SM gives the oath to the SPL, the SPL then does it for the ASPL and then the PLs. It was adapted from

the Wood Badge course. Examples:

SPL:

I promise to do my best

to be worthy of the office of Senior Patrol Leader

for the sake of my fellow Scouts

in Troop 999

and in the World Brotherhood of Scouting.

PL:

I promise to do my best

to be worthy of the office of Patrol Leader

for the sake of my fellow Scouts

in my patrol and Troop 999

and in the World Brotherhood of Scouting.