Hi! We began our adventures in scouting 5 years ago when our oldest son became a tiger and his little brothers tagged along with us to every meeting. By the time he became a Webelos, he decided it was time to drop scouting. Our youngest boy did his Tiger year but then was burned out since he''d "been there done that" for 4 years already going to all his brothers'' meetings. Our middle son is still going strong! He''s a Webelos 2nd year this year and really excited that soon he''ll cross over.

Welcome. This forum is a great resource and not such a bad place to get things off your chest, too.

I hate it when kids get bored with the program. Happens all the time. Maybe Wolves would be a better fit? My son''s den, by the time they were Bears, were feeling the same way. The Den Leader and ADL (My wife was ADL) talked to my daughters middle school science teacher for help. He was, among other things, a model rocketeer. He got them all rockets at no charge, taught them how to assemble them, how they worked, why they worked...then they shot them off at the school. He still talks about it and he''s 17. "Use the force Luke" or your resources. Do some crazy fun activity, a once in a lifetime (for an elementary student) event. Just an idea.

Enjoy the topics and discussions, even start your own. The more people that add their collective wisdom the better this place will be.

:D The cat is because I''m a cat lover lol... I went to Fort Hays, home of the FHSU Tigers, instead of K-State Wildcats, even though my favorite color is purple! Right now our mailbox we inherited from the previous owners is a K-State purple one!

Howdy all, no this is not jambo's post, I received a few PMs from people who did not appreciate what he had to say. If interested, I copied it and can send it to any one who wishes to see it, then let me know what you think

OGE (This message has been edited by a staff member.)