100 Year commemorative coin for the BSA is a great idea.

Is there some place to sign up to get one when they are available

I would like 3 for my sons.

Any pitchers of what the coin will look like

thanks(This message has been edited by sanddude)

The design pictured on the press release page of the National Council website IS NOT the design of the actual quarter. That image was created by a coin collecting news site to complement the story, and has been used by many other sites to accompany the press release.

"The design will be selected by the Secretary of the Treasury after consultation with Chief Scout Executive Bob Mazucca and the Commission of Fine Arts. The selected coin design will also be reviewed by the Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee."

There is no pre order set up as of yet. As it gets closer to the release date you will probably find various ways to pre-order it from different sources.

My apologies on stating quarter above... I was watching an infomercial for the state quarters set (limited quantities only $99.95 including the $29.99 "copyrighted case") earlier today when I posted my response and substituted "quarter" for "coin" subconsciously. I'd go back and edit however I don't think that option exists anymore.

I saw the add too and thought it was pretty neet. Since minting will not start until Feb 2010, I would guess it will be closer to then to order. As for cost, this is just a guess, but typical 90% US Silver Dollars go for about $19.99 from the mint. Add in the $10 premium and we're probably looking at the $30-$40 range.

• 10 months later...

If you go to the US Mint website, you can sign up for news releases and be advised when it is released. I'm guessing it will either be in conjunction with the BSA Birthday (Feb) or the Jambo.

If the final design is anything like the stamp, I'll pass.