Eagle Scout and Wood Badge rings by Jostens

Jostens will help Eagle Scouts celebrate their achievement with customized and personalized rings under license from the Boy Scouts of America

http://www.prleap.com/pr/130343/

(PRLEAP.COM) MINNEAPOLIS, December 17, 2008 Jostens will now help Eagle Scouts celebrate and recognize their significant achievement with customized and personalized rings under license from the Boy Scouts of America. Eagle Scout is the highest rank that can be achieved as a Boy Scout and only 5% of all Scouts have attained the award since its inception in 1912. The Eagle Scout ring features a Red, White and Blue top with the Eagle Scout Boy Scouts of America logo. The ring sides feature the universal Eagle emblem and is personalized with the Eagle Scouts name and year the award was achieved.

The Boy Scouts of America has also licensed Jostens to produce Wood Badge rings to recognize adult volunteers that have completed the Boy Scouts of America Wood Badge advanced leadership training. The Wood Badge signet ring displays the Wood Badge shield on the ring top, the universal symbol on one side and one of eight mascots on the other side.

[excerpted]

Actually diogenes, you could do more than that. I clicked through the different metal options and the highest-priced gold was more than $1,700 for the Eagle ring. You could probably go even higher with some additional customization, but at that point I was getting dangerously close to where it was going to start asking for a credit card number and I didn't even want to even apprach that point. :) (I'm not an Eagle anyway.) As for the basic ring, I think it was about $180, and I wouldn't buy it even if I were eligible, but I can see some people doing that. I kind of doubt this company will sell many of the Wood Badge rings, that seems way overboard to me, but I guess how people want to spend their money is their business. It also would be interesting to know how much of a cut the BSA gets on these things.

The eagle ring has been around for a while, I remember takign orders for the custom eagle rings, the HS/Eagle Ring (both sets of info on the ring), and the current signet ring. When I sold these rings, ti was usually either a gift from family, friends, troop, or combination thereof for a really nice gift, or someone who wanted to recognize their eagle with HS graduation.

Once before WB rings were available, but they were not really popular.

I'll keep the two that I have. The original one wa sbought by my parents when I received my Eagle in 1984 and the other one I bought myself that has the Eagel logo set ontop of red,white, and blue fields on top of the ring. I even went as far as to have my name and Eagle date engraved on the inside of the ring