This is where Boy-Led Leadership gets us...

Generally speaking, our troop is a little heavier on adult-initiative than I'd like, but the boys come up with their own activities from time to time, as they did on a troop campout last weekend.

This was the result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc_DQY4dvvU

Do your troops every do things like this? I'd love to see other troop-created YouTube videos if they're out there.

-Liz

Didn't see the video. But shouldn't the boys be running the program all the time, or at the least most of the time? This is where the training and expierence comes from. If they only have a liitle say in the program, then they will only have a little improvement, if any. No matter what adults need to let scouts do THEIR SCOUTING.

Unfortunately, it's not my call. But I agree with you, eagle77. I'd like to see the adults step back and let the kids take the reigns most of the time.

Anyway, it was fun to see the kids' video. Ours can't be the only ones out there doing stuff like this, right?

-Liz

That's great - be proud of those boys! Make sure your historian keeps a copy of that, may come in handy for an Eagle COH....

We wouldn't be doing that because we don't let them bring electronics... but that's a fantastic reason to bend that rule a little!

Great job!

Jack

I AM proud of them. The boy who did the post-production emailed me the link and asked me to put it on the troop website (I'm the troop webmaster) -- which of course I did.

Both my sons are in the video; my younger one is the original zombie, and my older one's wearing the orange t-shirt and grey hat.

-Liz

Great video,

Looks like they all hade fun with it.

Just as a fun little not for those who are concerned with it

I saw a boy wearing camoflage. FLOG HIM. NO CAMO

LOL

Let the boys keep up the fun and good work.