What is the most dated scouting skill requirement?

TY for the Welcome Sherminator

You guys blew my mind!! First Aid MB is no longer required for First Class?

How can you responsibly do any of the outdoor skills without having First Aid skills? Especially in todays environment, I was a walking scab until I was 11 or 12 so I knew basic things like cleaning and bandaging a wound. The kids now might as well live in bubble wrap and on the rare occassion they get hurt some of them are more worried about scars then surviving.

Maybe it's me, First Aid MB was one of the seeds that led me to becoming a Paramedic, but those are critical skills EVERY scout should know!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes, First Aid being required for First Class. That MB was what kept me from getting FC within a year of joining; I didn't go to summer camp as soon as I joined so took a year to take the course at sumemr camp. I was advised to use that MBC and know why as not only was he excellent, but he used real life teaching scenarios to teach that class. Every scenario he used was either A) something he encoutnered or B) something one of his freinds had encountered.

I also concur with ADAM on havign FA MB being required for 1st Class. As mentioned elsewhere previously i had a few incidents as a youth where things happened, and folks knowing I was a scout expected me to knwo what to do.