Obtaining council information

This is like pulling teeth!!I wanted info on Jr.Leader training courses,and summer camp program guides,and all the online info is either unavailable,non-existant, or grossly outdated.I am referring to NCAC,and also Robt.E.Lee Councils.

NCAC has some camp info on it's site, including costs. It appears however, that they do not have any program guides or reservation forms out yet for 2009. This is not unusual. Many councils do not publish them until after the first of the year.

As for Junior Leader training - your council has information on it's NYLT training on it's site here -

http://www.boyscouts-ncac.org/openrosters/ViewOrgPageLink.asp?LinkKey=18907&orgkey=1934

For more information on training or summer camps, I would contact the council Service Center.

Jr. Leader training is normally taught on the troop level but it has been replaced with Troop Leader Training (TLT). Opinions vary as to whether it is an improvement or not. Districts sometimes offer a more advanced version. Try checking district calendars.

NCAC offers a weeklong training called Impeesa: National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT). Info on the NCAC website (http://www.boyscouts-ncac.org/) is current for 2009. Summer camp info for NCAC is mostly current but they haven't posted all the 2009 registration forms yet. Info on Lenhok'sin High Adventure just got posted last week so they seem to be making progress.

If you have specific questions that the website does answer try giving a call to the NCAC Marriott Scout Service

Center 301-530-9360. I have found the staff there to be very helpful.