Are You Smarter Then A Tenderfoot

We have offered a Scoutmaster/leader competition at several of our camporee events. We sometimes make sure it isn't scheduled at the same time as the youth events so the scouts can cheer on their leaders, but not always. That depends on the folks who plan that camporee and what the event is.

As others have mentioned, we have done Caveman golf a few times in the past where the leaders must make their own clubs and golf balls using only natural materials and then see how they fair at the four hole "Slates" Golf Course, all in the rough and through the woods/puckerbrush. When we hold this event, we usually require that they sign-up in advance for a time slot (up to a Foursome) so that there isn't a bottle neck on the course and we'll know when to send the scouts looking for'em if they don't return after a reasonable amount of time. :)

We've done scout leader cooking competitions, usually as part of a cooking camporee, so that the leaders aren't in the way of the scouts. Believe it or not at least half the time, the scouts out cook their leaders (though they aren't judged against each other).

At our Order of the Arrow conclave, there is a competition we call the Healy Cup (I think that's how it's spelled). I don't recall the events, but it's for the youth. They offer a similar one for the adults called the "Coffee Cup".

Bottom line, have fun with it. Oh, and remember, you may not be smarter then a Tenderfoot. How do I know? Because MacGyver (Richard Dean Anderson) only made it to Tenderfoot Scout. Seeing what he can do with what he learned as a Tenderfoot, I highly doubt I'm smarter then a Tenderfoot. :)