So, I am sitting at my desk and I get a phone call from a long time scouting associate to tell me that that our current District Commisioner, soon to be Council Commissioner is being awarded the Silver Beaver based on my nomination. SHe informed me as the nominator, it was my privilege to notify him that he should keep the date of the next Council Dinner open. I called him and told him and of course we ended up talking about the Crew that the chuch he and I attend charters. I did get to mention the Silver Beaver part.

So, the following Sunday I was at an Eagle Court of Honor and told a another long time scouting associate about our District Commisioner getting the Silver Beaver and he says, by the way, I got a phone call as well, congratulations on being awarded the Silver Beaver. So, it seems at the next Council Dinner, the gentleman I nominated will be standing next to me as we both get the award.

Congrats to both you and your pal.

I'm sure this "Pat on the back" is well deserved.

You will of course now have to splash out and buy a new uniform.

I really am very happy to hear this.

As you know I do very much appreciate your wise words and the humor that you provide us with here in the forum.

Well Done.

Eamonn.

Most sincere congratulations OGE. On both counts.

However, you really can only receive the Silver Beaver once. But there is no limit to the number of great Scouters you can successfully nominate for the Silver Beaver and other awards. As that number adds up, it's a record you can be really proud of.

Congratulations OGE that is great news. They couldnt have made a better choice. Your wise words and humor over the years is appreciated in the forums and by me personally as they helped me thru some rocky times.

"...When I grow up, I want to be just like you. Oh well, it ain't gonna happen. I refuse to grow up!"

My dear sir, there is something terribly amiss here, when did I ever give you the impression I was grown-up?

Are we ready for todays lesson?

Repeat after me:

I won't grow up.

I don't wanna go to school.

Just to learn to be a parrot

And recite a silly rule.

If growing up means it would be

Beneath my dignity to climb a tree

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up

Not me.

I won't grow up

I don't wanna wear a tie

Or a serious expression

In the middle of July!

And if it means I must prepare

To shoulder burdens with a worried air...

Not me

And Neverland will always be

The home of youth and joy and liberty!

Not me, not me, not me, not me, not me...

No, sir!