The last 3 or 4 times my son went to the local scout store with me he asks if he makes Eagle will I get him the engraved Eagle Scout Dog tags.

Yesterday my son, wife and I went to the Scout store to pick up some Cub equipment and patches for his younger brother.

When he went to show Mom the Eagle Scout Dog Tags he couldn't find them and when I asked if they were out of stock I was told they no longer make them.

If anyone sees them in your local scout store can you PM me the number as I would really like to get them for him.

He as only 3 req. MB's to finish (all 90% done) and his project to finish and 13 months before his 18th Birthday so he should have no problem finishing.

Thanks

CNYScouter

I saw the Boy Scout dog tags in the Clearance section of scoutstuff.org last night. I didn't see eagle-specific ones, but they do have both the cub- and boy- scout versions. Those who want either of the other ones should probably hurry and get them.

To see what they have, go to scoutstuff.org, click "Clearance" near the upper right corner of the web page, click the "Gifts" tab, and scroll all the way to the bottom.

Good luck finding the Eagle tags! Have you checked ebay?

-Liz

You may want to take a look at www.roadid.com. These are Dog tags for cyclist. I got my there a number of years ago and if I remember correctly they have a good number of choices. I think there was a blank that you could have engraved locally with your own image. So they may not be the exact ones you saw you may be able to get close.

I have worn mine for over 5 years and in which I rode well over 10,000 hot and sweaty miles and it is still in great shape.

I don't know what was on the Eagle Scout Dog Tags that you could buy from National, however there are a lot of places you can get custom artwork done on Dog Tags. If you have access to a large military base town, check out the local mall (or if you can get on base the px). A lot of the places would take a photo and etch it out, looked pretty cool.

I also found this company that has the Eagle Scout badge. They have some licensed artwork, but it does not appear that that have licensing rights from the BSA.

http://www.etchstar.com/art/2721/Boy-Scouts-of-America-Eagle-Scout

Good Luck,

Dan