Source for pack tshirts?

we currently have pack T shirts but I would really like to see a wider selection including possibly a baseball raglan style and more style options.

Where do you get your tshirts and also custom patches from? Do you source local vendors or use the online national folks?

I was looking up licensed BSA folks and most of their websites are incredibly hard to use. Plus a part of me thinks that finding a local source could be better to establish a relationship and support the local economy (in addition to adding a friend to your scouting pack).

this is for a Cub Pack. Have you ever had parents/kids design the shirts?

Thanks so much. Also for the "chicks" out there, looking for something that makes us look less like Rosie ODonnells best friends if you know what I mean. As Seinfeld said "not that there's anything wrong with that".

A local shop does our pack T-shirts every year. We pick a different bright color each year but use the same front & back designs. We sell them at cost to the kids, sibs, and parents, which is about $8-10 each. Although we usually stick to traditional T-shirts, hoodies, and sweatshirts, the store can order any type of shirt out of their catalog.

We used ClassB.com

I found their site very easy to use, and they had the best selection of styles and stock designs for the best price we could find, for a licensed BSA vendor. They also do custom patches and custom embroidery on shirts and caps.

If you are using a non-licensed company, you need to make sure you are not using any tradmarked BSA logos, designs, symbols, phrases, etc on your shirts.

Contact your local council for information before you order those t-shirts or patches.

Try your own silkscreen!

Can't encourage that enough - find a local mom and pop t-shirt shop that will help you. They can do anything, come up with all kinds of cool designs - you are only limited by your imagination - add one to the pack tshirt for resident camp, for pinewood, for good turn... . The best part is watching a kid screen his own shirt! All you need to do is silkscreen the shirt and let it dry for an hour or so. Tell the kid he can wear it right away, but must throw it in the dryer for 20 minutes when they get home before they wash it. We do this all the time at OA events, camporees, and soon will do more troop events. We can make all kinds of logos for all kinds of events and will screen on the new logo on whatever they want it on. That kid won't wear a t-shirt more proudly than one he decorated himself!

I think that thing with the trademark designs is this, (i kow that I am gonna be corrected if I am wrong) the place that you have the design done by cannot profit from the use of the trademarked logos.

The shop that is doing our is doing it very cheap. T-shirts at cost, not art work fee (saving $45 an hour) and other discounts on labor and ink. I think that he is honest and fair. Our shirts are probably going to be about $6 - $8 each.

As for where should you go. I would say check with local businesses. THey might be able to help you with this. And then if they do give you a grat discount, you can give them a nice thank you note. Other customers will see that they help the scouts. IMO, stick local as much as possible.

as a small business owner, I totally disagree with the definition of "profit". As with a number of scout "rules" this is a grey area.

Profit includes ALL expenses, fixed and variable. Depending on your business, its not just the item cost that is the cost, its the overhead. Which is why I work out of my home!

If you have a B&M (bricks and mortar) store, you have salaries, rent, utilities, etc. If I only marked up from what my COST was I would not make enough money as I need to cover my computer costs, my supply costs, and more.

giving a shirt for free would be LOSING money

Our pack has used classb.com for T-shirts, hats, and custom patches. The people at classb.com are the most helpful, friendly, cheerful... anyhow, they're great to work with. And everything came through in a timely fashion, looking good.