A fellow from Scotland was the archery director one of my first years of summer camp. We invited him to eat lunch in our campsite one day, and he took great pleasure in watching our mouths drop as he described haggis. Needless to say, none of us believed him until we got back home and looked it up.

More than 15 years later, and I'm still not sure I'd be brave enough to try it.

Interesting. I was watching 'Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern' on the travel channel last night and they were showing how haggis is made. I'm not sure its a good idea to see that ( some relation to how you shouldn't see how sausage and laws are made ).

Lotta jokes about haggis... how bout this one... ( done in your best scottish accent )

'give me an order of haggis and a scotch, and hold the haggis'

:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like every year I miss this.

This year I was stuck in our States capital learning how to become an instructor for suicide prevention.

Of course there are some who might say teaching Haggis pevention, might amount to much the same thing!!

Eamonn

One of the cool things about being in the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) is that you get to try all sorts of interesting medieval foods. I've had haggis, and I can tell you that the secret is in the seasoning and the steaming. If it's seasoned well and not overcooked (as is the tendency to do), it is actually quite good.

Sorry to hear that the haggis got the better of you, OGE.