50th Anniversary Patch

Yep it's a Veteran Bar. You can get them at 25, 50 and in 5 year multiples after 50, i.e 55, 60, 65, etc. Also national has in the past allow you to buy a custom all in one patch, i.e unit number and vet bar as one patch. Don't know how ti will work with the Centennial uniform though.

Custom unit number patches are available with both the two or three digit troop number and the gold veteran's bar included on a single patch. Its a special order item, but I've never been able to find information about it on the Web. I know I can get them at my local scout store. I'd suggest you check with your council store for more info.

Our unit has ours made up that way and some of the more experienced Moms REALLY appreciate having the single patch for our 3 digit unit with Veteran bar! I have to say they look better, IMHO, than the four sewn individually onto the shirts too.

Veteren unit bars are actually available in 5 year increments from 25, not 50. Here are the ones available:

25 years, No. 00133; 30 years, No.50006; 35 years, No.50007; 40 years, No.50008; 45 years, No. 50009; 50 years, No. 00105; 55 years, No. 00194; 60 years, No. 00195; 65 years, No. 00196; 70 years, No. 00197; 75 years, No. 00107; 80 years, No. 00198; 85 years, No. 00138; 90 years, No. 50010.

The single piece unit numbers, with and without veteran bars, are available from National Supply as a special order item. They have NEVER been shown on the NS website, but have been listed in the catalog. I recommend you call NS and inquire about ordering them, especially with the new unit number colors for the centenniel uniform.