Sign in to follow this  
SctDad

Boy Scouts on the Outdoor Channel

The boys in this episode were trained by our Committe Chair from our SCUBA SHIP here Troop 101 was certified last fall and attended Sea Base this past July.

I've never seen a TV show devoted to Scouting. Maybe it'll get more boys interested.

The outdoor channel was filming for the show while we were at Philmont this year. The guy filmed a lot of the burro racing at Harlan camp.

Our family watched this program last night and I thought it was well done. We really need to get the word out so more people will watch. I also hope it will be available on DVD later.

Great that there is a positive representation of Scouting on television. Is it just me, or does it seem to you all that Scouting does not utilize the mass media to promote itself as well as it could?? That might be a subject that has been recently hashed over on here. But I would welcome any thoughts on the matter.

I wish it was on a channel that was not part of a premium package in my area! I also wish they would put the episode on the Outdoor Channel website. (Maybe they will... maybe they need more time)