5-Character Custom License Plates for Scouters

This is a fun topic to solicit ideas...

I am going to get a new license plate for my car with a nature scene on it and can customize up to 5 characters. This forum is to brain-storm ideas for Scouter License Plates.

My initial thought was LVNOTRC but that is 7 digits and I can only have 5.

Any ideas?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in Missouri we can get custom plates for Eagle Scouts, Arrowmen, and members of either the Pony Express or Heart of America Council branches of the Tribe of Mic-o-Say.

EagleSon has asked for Eagle plates. His vanity will be "tbatps" for Tuba Taps. He plays the tuba, and uses it instead of a bugle at our Bear Resident Family Camp. He helps the Camp Director lead the kids to campfire with it, and he plays Taps at lights out.

It's become a tradition in our camp, along with the Flag retirements we do to end our campfires.

There was an attempt to get a BSA plate in Virginia, but they require 350 prepaid applications prior to putting one into production. It's not yet been successful. We can personalize plates with 6 or 7 characters, depending on the plate design selected. Sad that we can get a plate for "Tobacco Heritage" and "Parrotheads", but not for Scouting.

When I ordered my BSA-TX plates, I was not yet affiliated with a unit, and it turns out that's a good thing, because my units have changed several times over the years.

So I decided to put my WB course number on it, and Scouters who've been through WB here recognize it immediately: SR-552!