" We have had several veteran complain about this is in correct, saying the union is displayed in the top right in time of war."

Even if this was correct, we aren't at war. We're calling it a war but, like Korea and Vietnam, it isn't a war.

That's why it's not the Vietname War, it was the Vietnam Consultative Advisory Conflict. Korea was a Police Action.

War on terror is just for the press. War on drugs is just to boost the budget of DEA and make the public think that the government cares.

Everyone knows that the white power elite is bringing in the drugs in an effort to commit genocide on the black community.

I'll ask again, why not? Flags may be hung vertically.

"When displayed either horizontally or vertically against a wall, the union should be uppermost and to the flag's own right, that is, to the observer's left."

Is the issue with flags in a store? Is the issue with two flags in a store? Is the issue with the verticallity?

GoldWinger

I think to say that the War on Terror is not a war is wrong. Iraq is not the only place that we are fighting. There is Afganistan, and the threat that is right here in the US. I know that this is off topic, but to those of us who have fought in the war on terror, we would be hard pressed to call it anything but.

On another topic, Good job with the general flag knowledge and why the stripes face foward on Naval ships.

YiS

SctDad

Honestly I see the flag mis-displayed all the time. "Technically" the flag you so often see opened up on the field at a football game is incorrect.

U.S. Code, Title 4, Chapter 1, Section 8, Paragraph c:

"The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free."

OR

you see flags on clothing which is also incorrect as defined in Section 8, Paragraph d:

"The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery."

OR

you even see it wrongly displayed on athletic uniforms (paragraph j):

"No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform."

Getting back to the thread and scouts, this is why I think it is very important that we take a great opportunity with a young man working on Tenderfoot (req. #6) to TEACH him a little about his flag. As you can see from this thread there are many adults who don't even understand proper flag respect and etiquette.

"I think to say that the War on Terror is not a war is wrong."

You may think it is a war but wars are declared by Congress with a formal declaration. We haven't had one of those since WW II. Why haven't we declared war? Don't know. I'm not in Congress.