I concur with DanKroh. I invite anyone who is unfamiliar with this topic to return now to those exciting days of yesteryear....;)

http://www.scouter.com/forums/viewThread.asp?threadID=110961&p=1

That thread was closed but you get some idea of the tenor of things (prior to the alien abduction on around 28 September 2005). The really good stuff is near the end.

OGE, did you close that thread? Does that make YOU the one with the last word? Kinda does, doesn't it?:)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah pack, I have to say that was me. It didnt seem like anyone was going to get the answer they wanted anytime soon. Since then I say it was me when I close a thread.

You have no idea how badly I wanted to post "this is how you get the last word" and then close the thread, but I guess that would be wrong. I read through that old thread and pondered how long ago that was and how far my sttitudes have changed. I try to appreciate everyones unqiue approach but some just make my head want to explode. Some days I am better than others to control myself but in my saner persona I just think, its only words in the ether, then I think but what about people who want to see what scouting is about and see this. Lucky for me I have enough personalities I can interchange with, sticking with that last one for too long could be debilitating(This message has been edited by oldgreyeagle)

OK, ....deep sigh.....

I'll take the last post in this "All About Bob White" thread. Its a burden I know (wiping sweat from brow) but please don't post after me.

Last word is Rosebud!

Bob,

You didnt get the last word on the Margaret said I will not be so foolish again thread. On that thread there was not even one response to my idea that maybe we should consider the 5th point of the Scout Law when posting. To me this speaks volumes. We did however have over 100 posts on a thread discussing wearing uniforms during an Eagle project.

I sometimes feel as if I've had the last word on a lot of threads in the past - but not taking it in a negative way. More like a feeling that I'm somehow a line of borax poured around the foundation of a house to prevent ants from getting any farther than the line.

Calico

You made a great suggestion unfortunately many posters assumed you meant that thread only

Really??? That is unfortunate, I try to teach my children and my Scouts to be courteous and respectful of others at all times.

So that's how we're going to play this one out, it is?

I'll see your Zyzzyva (a tropical American weevil) and raise you Zyzzyx (the name of a road in Nevada - yes, it's the name of a real road - not just the name of a movie about a road named Zyzzyx).

Calico