requesting different eagle stat

I've searched our district, council, and national websites but can't find any info on what age a Scout reaches Eagle. I'd like to see how many Scouts reach it at age 17, 16, 15, etc. I'm guessing most get it at 17 but it'd be nice to have some facts. I want to use this during my scoutmaster minute at the next court of honor.

I do not believe you will find that statistical breakdown anywhere. In fact I don't believe you will find that the BSA even cares as to what age a scout earns any of the upper ranks, as long as it is prior to their 18th Birthday.

Achieving Eagle is a personal goal for a Scout to choose. It is not the goal of the BSA program, National, or council, and it should not be the goal of the unit. As it is the highest rank achievable in Boy Scouting National does keep statistics on how many scouts earn it, but I believe that is all they are interested in tracking about the scout (besides the number of volunteer hours involved,)

Awhile back when I was District Advancement Chair, I had a erquest from the District Chair for this information. How old the scouts were when they reached Eagle. I had access to the Eagle Applications and found I could calculate the months passed from birth to Board of Review, which became my target. The first time I calculated the average age I came up with 18.1 years old was the average age of a scout in the District when the Board of Review was held. I did this for 3 years after, the average never went below 17.5 years old.

I can provide these statistics for our Troop. This would be a very small sample, and would likely differ from other Troops with a different mix of Program and Scouts. But these stats are accurate for our Troop.

Since 1997, we have had 21 Eagle Scouts. Zero have been 15 or below. 1 has been 16 at the time of his BoR. 4 have been 17 at BoR. The rest, 16 Scouts had already turned 18 when their Bor was held.

Mark

I don't have any big numbers for you, but I can tell you of my most recent. I had a young man turn in his Eagle Application today. He turns 18 on Sunday. We finished up 2 Eagle Required MB's on Sunday last. His procrastination has made me a nervous wreck and he doesn't seem to understand why I'm making him turn in his Eagle app today instead of tomorrow.

Our Troop hasn't been around very long and is always small so our numbers don't make much of a sampling, but here are our stats:

2001 - our first Eagle, age 14 1/2

2003 - 3 Eagles all aged 16

2005 - 1 aged 18 + 1 week (at BOR)

2006 - 1 aged 18 + 1 day (at BOR)

2007 - 1 aged 17, 11 months and two weeks (at BOR)

Looking at one aged 17, 11 months this summer; another aged 15 1/2 in the fall this year.

In my unit, I'd say the average is in the high 17s. Almost every one did most of their merit badges and PORs before 15, then slacked off for 2 years before rushing through their project and EBOR. Usually the parents adding some motivation at the end. Youngest was 15 but his mother drove him like a rented mule the whole way.

My brother was 13.5 but he is not normal. Always threw 150% effort into everything he does. Graduated HS at 16, Undergrad at 20, Graduate school at 22. Became the youngest CPA in the state at 20. Retired at 50.