This makes being a Scouter completely worthwhile

The young man was referring to weekends in general, not camping weekends.

The patrol went hiking through the woods and along a beach and explored a 150 year old fort. They successfully set up their camp in heavy rain with nary a single complaint.

Again, six little words from a Scout make everything worthwhile.

Oh lighten up! LOL! I know what Knight meant and I think it was great that he had such a positive response from one of the new kids. The really nice thing about it at that age they really mean what they say!

Last week we had Webelos visit from a Pack not expecting to join up with us. One boy came up and said he had a good time and would like to join up. I gave him a registration form and figured when he got home he would probably just change his mind and go to another troop with his buddies. Nope. He came back with his older brother and both of them are joining. If I wasn't a SM I'd be a Webelos DL! That age is great to work with.

By the way, Knight, when things get tough and you get frustrated and things aren't going your way and the parents are **** ing about everything, just remember the impact you really make on the boys. You are correct, it is just these kinds of things that make it worthwhile.

Stosh