A young Webelos in our area and who was planning to bridge to our troop in a couple of weeks passed away suddenly on Sunday. He was fine all week, but was leaving school early on Friday because he wasn't feeling well. The family learned that evening that he had an advanced form of Leukemia. He had a stroke late Friday night and was removed from life support on Sunday.

Please pray for this scout's friends and family. It is hard to lose a child, but when it is so sudden, it must be even harder since you don't have any time to deal with the idea that it may happen.

We felt that he was a part of our troop family and one of our ASM's got with district and council to initiate the process for his receiving the Spirit of Scouting Award. We got the right people and the process is being fast tracked and should be ready for the pack's bridging ceremony in mid-February when we plan to have him ceremonially bridge with the rest of his den.

Although, his name was put out to the community through a newsletter from the school system, I'm not sure if I should post his full name here yet. For now, just keep Dominic's loved ones in your prayers.

Thanks,

Dave

My prayers and sympathies to the scout's family and all his freinds. I had two scouts pass away in a 10-day period one year, so I understand first hand how difficult the death of a person so young can have on the entire community. I hope the parents and family find healing after they share this immense heartache.

best wishes

BW

I am so sorry for your loss. We just had an adult member pass away in a short tim because of leukemia. My prayers to the family and maybe this might help. I found it looking for some way to help the young man who lost his mother.

http://usscouts.org/awards/spiritoftheeagle.asp

"The Boy Scouts of America has created the Spirit of the Eagle Award as an honorary posthumous special recognition for a registered youth member who has lost his or her life in a tragic accident or through illness. "

Best wishes aand many prayers,

Kat

We lost a scout under similar circumstances (but a little less sudden) about four years back in our district. The district dedicated the spring camporee in his memory that year. Funds have been raised to build a bb gun range to be named after him at the local scout camp that is in the process of conversion to a Cub World Camp.

Perhaps you could convince your district to do likewise with your spring camporee--dedicate it in the deceased scout's memory.

For many years back in the UK I was involved with ELF (Eliminate Leukemia Fund)

I got involved because a very dear friend of mine lost his son to leukemia.

The little Lad was only five years old.

The loss took a very heavy toll on the family.

They owned a pub in London.

Dad took to hitting the bottle really hard, they lost the pub.

They struggled financially and their marriage went through a really rough time.

My prayers are with the Lad and his family.

Ea.

Last May, our neighboring Council lost an 11 year old Scout that lived in our town unexpectedly to similar circumstances . Some of our Scouts and myself found out when the funeral procession was expected at the cemetery and had a colorguard at the enterance when the procession arrived. It was a difficult time for their Troop because the Troop consisted of only 3 or 4 families. Our prayers are with your Pack and his family.