Is your mouse button set to "doubleclick" when you click once? In some of the "older" operating systems, there was an option under "Control Panel - Mouse" that allowed one to enable a function that would automatically change a single click of the mouse button to a double click. You might check to see if you have that option and if so, is it enabled. It was also sometimes found under "Control Panel - Accessibility". Most of the newer operating systems don't have this because double-clicking is no longer required most of the time (it used to be common that you had to double-click everything to perform a task like open a file, etc.).

Calico

Nope- not a double click problem. It happens from my work PC, my home desktop and my home laptop- all running XP.

If you look at the numer of replies to this topic, you will note that my posts only count once.

Ed

epalmer,

I wasn't trying to gang up on you.

I sent private messages twice, but you didn't respond, so I posted it publicly.

I really enjoy your comments. I just find the double posts annoying, but not you.

Sorry,

Gonzo1

I consulted with our network and web gurus and they just offered vague speculations like it was a function of the web browser. :)

But I think I have figured it out...split personality, you know, like the "Two Faces of Ed". Or maybe an evil twin existing only as an extra frontal lobe or something. ;)

"...double your pleasure, double your fun with double-good, double-good, doublemint gum."