• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told National Changed the Online G2SS

I think this is the right reference.

""Pointing any type of firearm (including paintball or dye) at any individual is unauthorized. However, law enforcement departments and agencies using firearms in standard officer/agent training may use their training agenda when accompanied with appropriate safety equipment in the Law Enforcement Exploring program.""

I could never totally understand the fascination with games of simulated killing of other people. It must be some sort of inborn instinct. Kinda like kittens that stalk and pounce on imaginary prey. They grow up and use those skills to find food and survive. Human nature is to kill other humans, and we let our young "play kill" to prepare them for life as an adult?

It just doesn't seem to sync with our Mission.

>>I could never totally understand the fascination with games of simulated killing of other people. It must be some sort of inborn instinct. Kinda like kittens that stalk and pounce on imaginary prey. They grow up and use those skills to find food and survive. Human nature is to kill other humans, and we let our young "play kill" to prepare them for life as an adult?

To new for Council yet, but here is a quote from someone on a different forum who called National.

""I asked National RM for a definitive reading on this. Got the following:

... (we have modified the online) Guide to Safe Scouting and removed the word "lasers" from the""

Honestly I'm not to surprised. From what I heard, this is way up there on National's complaint list.

Barry

I second Eagledad's question. I grew up playing "Army" laser tag is just a more advanced version so you don't have to "I got you!" "No you didn't!"

I will say that we outgrew it before junior high so I really don't understand adults who want to run around shooting at each other unless it is training for combat. Then again, maybe I'm out of step with the world because I think golf is silly too.