Hello from Florida

Hello to all! My name is Ron White (not the comedian!) and I am the Cubmaster and Scoutmaster for pack and troop 377 out of Youngstown, Florida. We are a relatively new group, formed in 2005, and currently have 6 Scouts and 35 Cubs registered. I found this site while surfing for Scout related sites and figured I would give it a try. Looking forward to exchanging ideas and info with other scouters. Later!

Hope that Santa was good to everyone!! He (or she as the case was with me) brought me a Coleman coffee percolator for keeping up with those Scouts on the camping trips. My committee chair (aka my wife) got tired of seeing me use my old dented up aluminum coffee pot and hooked me up!

Yes I have my hands full but its something I enjoy doing. I was active in scouting as a youngster and people dedicated their time so I could have the experience. I like to think that I am paying it forward. I learned pretty quick that the key to keeping the kids in Scouting is getting the parents involved. Delegating leadership and spreading out the workload is what helps keep one from getting burned out. It's like I tell them at roundups, you aren't only signing your children up for Scouting, your signing yourselves up. I am lucky in that I have a good group of parent/leaders to help me out.

Well, once again I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!!

• 10 months later...

I can't post my topic for some reason, my user name is MANUELSMUM and I live in central Florida, currently an assistant cub master and tiger den leader.

HERE'S MY QUESTION :

ok, tonight is a Friends of Scouting meeting and I don't have the uniform yet our pack started 4 weeks ago and though my son has almost all of it I have none of it. I felt a little bit out of place during my BALOO training due to not having my uniform and now i guess everyone will have there's and I'm going to be sticking out like a needle in the hay LOL. any ideas on what I can wear tonight so that i can blend or should I just go professorial looking?