Adults - Individually keeping track of tenure, awards, and Training

How do you keep up with this info?

I recently had to come up with a lot of this info. I am in the American Legion as well, and they have a Community Organization Award and in working on that, there are a ton of requirements, but it put me to digging up the info.

Now I have lived in 6 different councils in the past 10 years and I find that many councils do not have records more than 3 years back and forget about 10 years back.

As such, i have compiled much of the info through digging, calls, and emails, but what is the best way to keep this stuff organized?

Any suggestions?

The same way I do with my sons' blue cards, rank advancements, etc -- I scan the book, card, or other "proof" and keep it electronically...

I've also found that some troops are more anal about keeping older records than the council. When I couldn't get my records out of the last council I lived in, the troop faxed me my Troopmaster profile with all the dates and course numbers.(This message has been edited by eolesen)

TroopMaster has a section where you can track Adult Achievements just like you do Scout Achievements.

When you transfer from one unit to another Boy Scouts has an official form that can be filled out by your Advancement Coordinator and given to the new one.

Being cheap, sorry THRIFTY, I created a spreadsheet to track adult training levels in our unit. There are tabs for Basic, Leader Specific, Supplemental and Advanced. Also added a worksheet listing the merit badge counselors within the unit.

Our Council uses a Training certificate listing the various training courses and issue these to volunteers upon completion of the first training taken. Volunteers are asked to bring these to successive trainig to be initialed by the instructor. Sort of a perpeptual record. Volunteers in our unit show me their cert and I update the record accordingly. If there is any question then I contact the district training chair for confirmation.