Online Resource for Second Class Drug Requirement

We take advantage of the DARE program here for that requirment. Maybe the DARE website has something ... checking (sorry I cant resist a chance to be 12 again :p) ... nope dont see much ... hmm didn''t find much through google either ... maybe BSA''s video "Drugs a Deadly Game" would work ...

When I was a Webelos Den Chief (long time ago) I heard the best answer for what "A Scout Is Brave" I have ever heard and it came from the Webelos den leader. He said "Brave is not fighting of a tiger or standing in front of a moving car that is just dumb, brave is having the guts to just say NO to drugs, to someone trying to do something to you" Ok I paraphrased it and modernized it a bit... but you get the idea ...

Scott Robertson

http://insanescouter.org

Hello,

Glad this topic is here. Almost all of our boys can get thru it by using the DARE program. However, this is not an option for our homeschooled scouts. Any ideas? We have one right now that this is the only thing holding him back from becoming 2nd class.

In the same boat as va-scouter.

DARE for public school kids.

Home-schooled scout and his parents don''t have a drug avoidance program in his syllabus.

We have a deputy sheriff in our unit and we plan on asking him to do something with this scout, heck we should do it for the whole troop too.

Don''t home-schooled kids have access to Internet based programs that might cover this?

>>>Glad this topic is here. Almost all of our boys can get thru it by using the DARE program. However, this is not an option for our homeschooled scouts. Any ideas? We have one right now that this is the only thing holding him back from becoming 2nd class.