new to the forum

Hi bolin

Welcome.

Not sure what help you need?

So far you seem to have mastered the essentials.

Over time you will come up with your own lists of people that you agree with and not agree with.

There are times when it seems that many of us have put the Scout Oath and Law on the back burner. - Sadly it happens and you will have to forgive us for it.

It is worth remembering that a lot of what is posted is not from the horses mouth. The horse being the official BSA web site and publications.

I have over the years I have been a member managed to meet up with a few fellow Forum Members.

Maybe at the next National Jamboree, we can plan to set up a time and place to share a cup of tea and a biscuit? (cookie)

Eamonn.

bolin,

Welcome to the electronic campfire. Come on in and rest a spell. I hope you enjoy your stay. I disagree with Eamonn about those that are here that don't abide by the Scout Oath and Law. There are those that speak their minds and that rubs some the wrong way but all of us will heal. Forgiveness is something that everyone here must learn because this is a mode of communication that prevents physical contact which tends to increase misunderstanding and decreases polite conversation. Excellent written communication takes time which most find to be a scarce commodity. So, we hope you brought some with you. fb

Welcome bolin!

I've never understood why the Brits call 'em biscuits and we call 'em cookies. To us, a biscuit is best served with warm gravy. I wonder what the Brits think a cookie is? Maybe a tart? No, a tart is a cheeky lass, eh, Eamonn? ;)

Not that that had anything to do with scouting. (except maybe warm biscuits from a dutch oven. I wonder what folks from Holland call a dutch oven? ...)

I wonder what the Brits think a cookie is?

The person who does the cooking.

We were having our tea, crumpets and biscuits long before you tried making tea with cold water in Boston!! (Posted with tongue in cheek)

Eamonn