How large is your "one hour" per week?

People, people, people...

One hour a week is the amount of SLEEP you''re supposed to get.

Only wearing two hats right now, but they''re keepin'' me busy. The good news is that I''m creating a pretty decent sized wake, and am working hard to have more than one person follow in my footsteps (growing participation in Den & Pack).

My dad was the Scoutmaster of our troop for four years before he passed away a little over a year ago. When I aged out I started serving as the New Scout Assistant Scoutmaster and Membership Coordinator. At the time I aged out we had very few adult volunteers. So I also served with the Newsletter, Website, and Cartridge Recycling Fundraiser. It seemed that I spent less time than I do know performing this duties. Perhaps that was because I took easy classes my Senior Year in High School and used by Study Hall time completing these things for scouts?

Well now I have recruited people to take over as Newsletter, Website, and Cartridge Recycling and found an Assistant for Membership along with appointing a scout to the position of "Recruiter". So I only serve as New Scout Assistant Scoutmaster and help the Senior Patrol Leader (who I live with). Each of the new people were given complete instructions and training in their specific duties. I still help when they have questions.

But one hour a week still does not cut it. Working at the meeting for an hour, working with the Troop Guide to plan the new scout program, camping and doing other troop activities, and the much much more that you do for scouting adds up to way more than an hour.

Just to think, how many hours a week do the scouts put in (if it is truely boy led)?