Plans for a "coffin lid" camp box

The only camp box similiar to what you're asking for we simply call a "coffin" because it takes at least 6 scouts (or more) to haul one.

Several troops in our district have those port-a-garage style awnings. Volunteers in soe of those units have designed wooden boxes that all those poles/elbows/tarp pieces can be hauled in. The resulting box is roughly the size of a coffin and when filled weighs so much that it takes six to eight "paulbearers" to haul the thing. But once at the campsite, legs slide into these and make good-size worktables. One example I saw the legs slid into the sides of the box to be used as lift handles to carry the box around. In the other, there were metal pipe legs that stored inside the box and were screwed on the bottom of the box when it was time to use it as a table.

Alas, I have never seen plans--each one appears to be custom made.

Back when I was active at the unit level 5 years back, our unit aquired one of those awnings, but we opted not to build a coffin (no storage space, etc.). Instead, we have two heavy-duty (upholstery fabric) bags handmade by one of our volunteers to haul the upright/cross poles. The elbows and the plastic tarp go in one of those large Robbermade-type totes. Easier to store and easier to haul.

Hello,

I am currently finishing a camp box with 3 panels.

On that folds down on the front, another folds down on the back and a coffin lid. I don't have plans because I making it from scratch.

send me a PM and I'll send you photo in a couple of weeks when I'm done.

G