just for fun ... :)

Playing "Six degrees of Kevin Bacon" at work recently, I started wondering about social networks in Scouting - who knows whom. Thinking about Scouter.com, I was startled to realize that even though this website is broadly national in focus and despite the (relative) anonymity of our screen handles, there are at least five posters whom I know in real life! (ToriBug from my unit, BigEd from council, JimWelton from summer camps and conclaves, and NeilLup and FGoodwin from National). And there are a few other posters whom I may have known as a youth (like John-in-KC) but that's just way too long ago to be certain, and some (like Hillis) whom I just haven't had the chance to shake hands with yet but probably will sooner or later.

(Of course, I wish I could count all of you whom I would LIKE to meet!)

So I'm curious - how many other Scouter.com posters do YOU know in real life ??

I met 'Scoutmaster Ron' ( I think that was his id ) on the trail in Little Yosemite on the way to Half Dome last year. We had exchanged pm's about the hike, but I had no idea that his hike would coincide with my troop's hike ( he was there just with his son ). We happened to be taking a dip in the river and he saw our Troop tshirts, we started talking, and then figured out who each other was... that was kinda fun...

I know LodgeChief through our local lodge & Summer Camp. I believe it was Eagle74 (or one of those other "Eagle year names" that was at summer camp the same time as us a few years back, but we didn't realize it until later.

I know Packsaddle

I've spoken on the phone with John-in-KC and BrentAllen

I've exchanged numerous emails and PM's with Local1400 and ASM915 and some PM's with Beavah, Eamonn and others.

There are some of you I'd like to meet too.

I don't think I know anybody here IRL. If anyone is ever in upstate New York and you find yourself at a Twin Rivers Council or Wakpominee District event, ask if someone named Tami is there. I'm usually at all the Cub Scout events, even though my sons are all Boy Scouts. I love the Cubbies!