Regards from the Single-digit Latitudes

Hello folks,

My first post wowhad to start somewhere! As a Scoutmaster in a Direct Service Troop in the Tropics, I just wanted to say both hello and thanks to all the folks out there

Thanks for letting me eavesdrop on all the great advice. Not having the luxury of Commissioners, norRoundtables, its great to have this tool. Like everybody else though, I dont always agree with everyones opinion. But I do agree that its great to be from a place where we can all agree to disagree!

Thanks also to everyone for continuing to carry the flag for the kids, especially in the midst of all those who feel it is their mission to bring us down.

Take care and God bless all of you!

SMINCZ,

Greetings and welcome to the forum!

I certainly wish I could join you! (Maybe you could answer my question about the Cayuco Race thru the canal, which I posted this past Summer. I'd sure love to take my Venturing Crew to compete.)

Although never being in the Direct Service Council. With my job, my boys have fairly much grown up in some overseas councils. I was a Den Leader in the previous Panama Canal Council many years ago.

I was only hoping that when you said single-digit latitude, you meant Singapore from the Far East Council. I believe we have another BSA Scout leader in this forum which post ocassionally from their latitude. lol

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv

Thanks for the warm welcome Trevorum and Crew Advisor! I like it here... think I'll just unfold a chair and stay awile!

Crew21... I just sent you a PM; didn't want to bore everybody (just you unfortunately). Please let me know if you DIDN'T get it.

Thanks again...

MH

• 9 months later...

No way! I just registered today and thought your screen name was mighty suspicious. The CZ part got me to thinking after seeing the single digit latitude reference. How long have you been there? I lived in the Zone from 1966 until I enlisted in the AF in 1983. Lived in Gamboa and Diablo Heights then Gamboa again.

Cheers,

SZ