Troop accounts and Eagle project money

Thanks to everyone for the (da) comments.

Beavah, thank you, as usual, you have sound comments.

I'll hold off for now saying anything to the committee. It seems to be working, but there's just "something" about it. Perhaps the treasurer could ask for something like "Eagle Project Account Report" right after the Treasurer's Report at committee meetings to show public accountability.

As you mentioned in a different thread, we're going on 2 nighters, and for the Friday night and Saturday morning, we'll just make it the best darn time. Then the stragglers will find out what they missed and eventually, they won't want to miss.

Wow, this is amazing.

I just came from my Rotary meeting. One of our club members is the Little League District Commissioner or something to that affect. At any rate, he's the main dude for two or three cities around here. He mentioned today that one of the leagues he's in charge of is telling him they're short $20,000 in their accounts. Holy Moly, that's ridiculous.

It made me think...I hear all the time about Bowling leagues being victims of embezzlement, little league snack bars, things like that, but I've really got to say that I'm not aware of an issue with Scouting units. Either we're better at keeping it quiet or it doesn't happen. My opinion leans to the latter.

Just thought it was interesting.