Just to explain...

I am the mom of a scout and currently the Troop membership chair. When I was a scout in high school, it was considered pretty dorky, so I understand that issue. As an adult in Scouting, I have seen some really well organized units that deliverd above and beyond and some that should have been merged away out of kindness to all.

As for the Username, I am no fan of Nike, Inc. Instead, it refers to an amazing set of earrings in the museum of antiquities BArcelona, Spain. The earrings are of the goddess Nike, and even though they are only one inch tall, the gold was so well worked and fimely detailed that the earrings could clearly be differentiated from any other female goddess. If you're in spain check out this museum as well as teh museum devoted to Romanesque chapel frescoes.

Welcome in Nike.

I think I've only owned one pair of Nike shoes. I mostly went with Reebok when I was in that "have to have a name shoe" phase 15 - 20 years ago or so.

I like your reason for having chosen Nike. Have always been a fan of mythology. Like Chrysaor myself. Bet no one can honestly tell me who he is without looking it up. Ah well, I've rambled on enough.

Again welcome and I hope you enjoy the forum.