Hello. My name is Scouter and I'm a forum junkie.

It pains me to admit I'm a forum junkie. Is there a 12 step program for me?

I come to this realization because I'm home alone this weekend as husband and son are off with the troop on their cave trip. That means I have nothing much to do around here: except laundry, cleaning the bathrooms, washing the floors, dusting, vacuuming, cutting the grass, emptying the dishwasher, washing the dog....

Opened up the forums this morning and only two new posts since yesterday. A wave of disappointment washed over me. My anticipation of reading new topics shattered.

Grrr, guess I'll have to get to that housework after all.

[All] Hello gwd-scouter [nodding aggreeingly],

I am a recovering addict as well. Actually, the forum members helped me overcame my addition. At one time there were a few spirited and die-hard scouters who seem to have the knack of teaching the world of the ideals. It came to a point where I simply stop posting to avoid confrontation. I found myself frustrated with the arrogance. At one time, I feel that this forum is where folks come to find out best practices of what worked and what doesn't.

Nowaday, I spend more time with the family, the troop, and the pack ... in addition to the teams (chess, basketball, scocer, swimming).

Yes, I am a recovering Scouter.com-aholic.

1Hour

It could be worse. You could be hooked on O'Reilly or Coulter or, I hesitate here, chocolate.:) On the other hand there are good alternatives, one of which includes peach ice cream. ;)

By the way, get ready for some really, really dirty clothes and some tired puppies when they return.

No, can't say I'm a redneck yet. Moved here from Wash, DC area just a mere 18 years ago. In the eyes of southerners, I'm still a Yankee and the worst kind of Yankee (I came here to stay, not just visit). :-)

OneHour, I read the postings even though sometimes they are harsh. Yes, I've had my share of times when I felt put down for simply asking a question, but more times I've found the discussions in these forums to be helpful or to at least help me think about things in a different way.

Hey Pack, oh yeah I'm waiting for those tired dirty puppies to come home. Husband called this morning as they were leaving. Everyone had a great time, best trip ever the boys said, and they want to do it again for sure - but more adventurous - less commercial and more toward climbing and rapelling. And, must admit already hooked on chocolate (what girl isn't?) and peach ice-cream yumm!

... IT'S THE ONLY PLANET IN THE SOLAR SYSTEM WITH CHOCOLATE!!!

... that we know of! There might be something better than chocolate out there in the universe! Neah! You're right ... the only planet that has Hershey!(This message has been edited by OneHour)