I'm trying to help someone with the transfer paperwork for a scout and they need to know our council #. I can wait until Monday and ask our council office but if possible I'd like to be able to answer this person sooner. Can anybody tell me how to find out my council #? It isn't on our council homepage and I haven't had much luck w/ google searches.

There's got to be a listing somewhere!

Thanks.

I'd love to give it a shot, but you didn't state which council you're from.

I'm surprised it's not on their website (or maybe it's hidden/not on the main page).

Do you have any recent official mail from the council office, like a council newsletter? You might find it in the council's address.

I must say that I only know my council number because one of my professionals mentioned it in passing at a District Committee meeting. It is used as short hand for THEIR correspondence. He also told me that he doesn't know of any master list of such, except at National. National Capital Area is #82.

Just get the NAMES right, they tell me the secretaries will get the numbers right.

YiS.

Check the address label on your Scouting magazine. The number right above your name ends in the Council number:

#0000080506617#546S 0099CJAN08N

In the above example, #546 would be your Council number, and the 0099 is the unit number. Jan 08 is the expiration date.

At least that's the way it is on mine!

Gp to: www.lastfrontiercouncil.org/bsa-councils.htm

they have posted a list with all the councils and their numbers.

Your unit charter has your council number on it, so should your membership card, I believe.

Does this help?

Wow, thanks for the quick responses! One more question: for unit #, we have these listed two different ways. For example, let's say the person in question was in pack 321. On some of our district forms that is listed as 3321. Which of these does the person use on the transfer app?

This wouldn't be a big deal if they were transferring in to our council, or within our council - but they've moved across the country (out of our council) and apparently the new council wants the details done right.

Thanks again!

Cannot speak for all Councils... In my Council...

0xxx stands for Boy Scout Troops, on the Kansas side.

1xxx stands for Boy Scout Troops, on the Missouri side.

2xxx stands for Venturing Crews, Councilwide.

3xxx stands for Cub Scout Packs, on the Kansas side.

4xxx stands for Cub Scout Packs, on the Missouri side.

The leading digit (0-4) is an accounting tool needed in this era of computers. The other 3 digits are the unit number most of us know and love.

Waaay back when, units were numbered sequentially. Pack/Troop 1 was the senior unit in town... you can take it from there.